Our Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. We use administrative and technical tools to keep both confidential and secure all personal information in our possession.
Collection of Information
“Personal Information” is information that is personally identifiable to you.
Personal Information that we collect directly from you includes information such as name, address, telephone number, credit card number and other contact information. You may provide Personal Information to us in using certain features of our site, registering with us, filling out a form, connect through a social feed, responding to questionnaires, sign up to be a volunteer and when donating using our site.
How we Use and Disclose your Personal Information
Your information is used to:
- keep you informed about Campaign activities, issues, events, resources and promotions by sending you newsletters, emails and alerts to provide you with information you request or we think may interest you
- help manage the campaign and to connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for Justin
- remind you to vote in the leadership contest
- contact you if other information is necessary under election laws;
- request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the site
- respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service
- monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the site and our users’ experiences on the site and with the campaign, and to increase the site’s functionality and user friendliness
We will never sell your personal information that you have chosen to provide us.
Under the Canada Elections Act, this Campaign is subject to mandatory disclosure requirements, including in particular public disclosure requirements for financial contributions to the Campaign.
The Campaign at times will engage outside organizations to provide specialized services. Our suppliers may in some instances receive, process or handle some of your Personal Information. Only the Personal Information necessary to perform the services under the contract is given to the supplier and the supplier may only use the information for the purposes of delivering services to the Campaign. Suppliers are required to provide a level of protection for your Personal Information that is comparable to ours.
Otherwise, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except as required by law, like under the Elections Act.
How we Protect Your Personal Information
We maintain security systems and enforce administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure or misuse, and from loss or unauthorized alteration.
Access and Accuracy of Personal Information
You have the right to access, verify and amend your Personal Information collected by the Campaign. You may update or correct the personal information you provide to us by e-mailing us.
How to Contact Us